Saturday, December 6, 2008

A bird in the hand...gets thrown out into the cold!










It's never easy having an outsider living with you. They are invading "your space" and messing with your style of living. Well, today our border moved out after being with us for over 4 months. The hallelujahs rang loud and clear. It wasn't that he was a hard guy to have around, he was just there. Though he was good about keeping his stuff to his own room, his room was something else again! He had a wardrobe and a drawer but they never seen any of his clothes!
Meanwhile I decide to start re-arranging my basement which was very crowded, what with having stuff in the little kitchen that used to be in said borders bedroom...also part storage room. I huffed and puffed and moved furniture around and decided the little freezer needed moved to another area. The problem was that the cord to the freezer would not meet the plug-in. So I asked hubby if he had a heavy extension cord I could use. He said no but he did have one with only one end on it that he could repair for me. After about a half hour of patiently waiting for him to fix it, he brings it to me..and yes, he had repaired it..but now it had two male ends on it!!!
Got me laughing anyway and patiently waiting another while for it to be brought to me , ready to use.
We went shopping today and were gone all afternoon. Upon returning home, I found a message from Brandi to give her a call. I had already discovered that someone( I was sure it was her) had been in the house to borrow my cake decorating supplies. I called her and she told me to look at my camera as she had taken some pictures. Lo and behold when she came into the house she discovered a woodpecker in our livingroom.



She phoned Kore and he and some friends came over and finally cornered the noisy fluttering beast and some brave friend man-handled him out of the house. You just never know whats going on in your house when you're not home. Still don't know how the critter got in the house. Brandi even called her mother in Prince George to make sure we did not have a pet bird that they were throwing out into the cold!! Like my choice of pet would be a red-headed woodpecker!


2 comments:

Liana said...

I was pretty sure you weren't the type to have free-roaming birds in your house, so I permitted her to toss it outside, saying I'd take the blame if it was someone's pet. :)

Liana said...

You never blog.